Knees to The Earth


When I was born again it was the most amazing moment in my life. Here I was this broken, broken, broken woman. I had been betrayed, lied to, and when I learned the truth it was heart-breaking. I had no idea how I was going to make it not one day from the next but one second to the next. To be quite honest falling to my knees that day was not an impulse. I had no other choice, it was either go to my knees or fall into a dark pit with no way out. I was in this small office in my home, and when my knees hit the hard-wood floors the pain was not only mentally but physically. Still I remained, I remained on my knees, in pain physically and emotionally. I did not cry out I SCREAMED, I screamed out to “JESUS” I begged, I pleaded. If you were standing outside that office you would have seen the most pitiful human being in need of a Savior and that was exactly what I needed. I do not need any more weight of judgment from the world. I needed grace, I needed mercy. I knew there had to be a better way than this world’s. I found that way at the foot of the cross.

If you notice I have put His name in all caps. Why? Because that is the name I called upon and I was saved. Why am I putting so much emphasis on this because I have seen so many people on social media argue about the names of God.

First of all, if those that are going to keep arguing about what the proper name of God is understand ancient Hebrew contained no written vowels as distinct letter forms.

RABBI NEAL SURASKY States:
Most scholars will agree that the Hebrew name for Jesus is the name spelled yod-shin-vav-ayin. The way it appears in English will depend on the method of transliteration. Some will write Yeshua, others will write Y’shua. These are simply attempts at writing in the English language a word that, when pronounced, will sound like you are reading it in Hebrew. It has a specific meaning, salvation. Other names that have been suggested have different meanings. For example, Joshua, or Yehoshua, means God saves. However, none describe Him as clearly as Yeshua, which was a popular name back then. There is no correct Hebrew name for God. He calls Himself, “Asher eh-h’yeh asher.” I am that which I am. The Tetragrammaton, the four-letter Name that is used in the Scripture, is yod-hey-vav-hey. It has no vowels, and therefore cannot be pronounced. Words like Jehovah are attempts to put vowels into the Tetragrammaton. However, there is no “J” in Hebrew, so that cannot be a real Hebrew name.

So as many argue over the correct names, we come to find out that in all our human knowledge NONE of us truly know the real name of God even when we so surely throw out his name is YESHUA among many other ways to pronounce it. So if there are no vowels in the ancient Hebrew why are people ready to argue when what they are stating could not possibly be His real name either? Maybe we should ponder why that is? This is my opinion and only mine. I believe that His name is so holy that we in our human sinful flesh have been given all that we are allowed to have in this life.
Romans 8:26 states: “But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groaning’s that cannot be expressed in words”

In Exodus, we learn, God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ So when you pray why do you not pray “Great Heavenly “I AM” ?

What do I call him? “FATHER” Jesus earned that right for me to call him Father once again.
So when I fell to my knees that day years ago, I called on Jesus, not the list of a 101 that so many have been so assuredly given out on the internet. So why was I saved if I was calling on a false name? I have grown up in Christ, I started reading the Bible and understanding it. I became strong in faith, I was able to endure the most tragic time in my life and come out stronger than I ever had before. I moved forward on the foundation of the Gospel, my marriage became stronger. Because of the faith, God had given me my husband, son, and mother-in-law was born again a year after me. I am not arguing that Jesus is his only name I call him Yeshua sometimes  too. God knew our language would change over centuries, do we or do we not in the English language place vowels in His Hebrew name?

I have seen so many people argue about His name rather than following His commandments. I see more arguing than I do testimonies, I do not see that much encouragement, nor do I see very many reaching those that are lost with the message of the Gospel.

I started reading a book Blood on the Altar: The Coming War Between Christian vs. Christian and as I flip each page I see everything that is written in this book become more and more true as I flip through social media. I am not here to prove another Christian wrong I am not here to show my light shines brighter because I have more knowledge than you. Because in all honesty it is not US it is HE that resides in us and he gives each one of us what he deems we should have and know. We as his children are only given what HE allows us to have. I do not know how long we were in the Garden of Eden before we screwed it up but the fact is we did. God cannot trust us we have from the beginning of time given him every reason not to. However we can trust Him, we can rest assure that we will as long as we are in this world residing with Satan we will never know everything. He holds the secrets of heaven….just that secret.

What is in the Bible is all he has deemed us to know. When Christian starts fighting Christian know you are yielding to Satan’s will and doing exactly what he wants and that is turning us against each other. He will try and tear down what God is building up.

When my knees hit the earth that day I was saved, I was saved by the grace of God. The blood cleansed me, I was accepted and adopted into the Kingdom of Heaven. No one can take that away from me because I know the power it has yielded in my life and how it has also changed lives around me. Whether it was Yeshua or Jesus I know he would have answered me no matter what. Because my dear brother and sisters, He ANSWERS THE HEART. He heals the broken-hearted and that is EXACTLY what he did for me that day.  I have been on an amazing journey ever since. It has been full of test, trials, and yes still pain. The truly, truly amazing revelation I have had is every single thing God has placed in my path has made me stronger, his word has come alive in my life. Whether it was The King James Bible, Hebrew Bible, New Living Translation the word came alive in my life and each one has given me the ability to do as Paul stated; Philippians 4 11-13. Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.…

Amen.
Shannon Wendler