Cries of a Broken Heart



John 1:16 From His Abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.

This verse right off the bat may not seem to fit, as you read you will see that it very much does. Sometimes the Holy Spirit will speak to us on unbelievable levels that the human mind has a hard time grasping all that we need to for him when he needs us to be still and know that he is God. The Lord is constantly moving he moves through us His spirit will touch us in the depths of our soul that it is sometimes overwhelming. It takes a heart focused on God and a heart that is grounded in the Holy Bible. But...when we do grasp it the revelation is blinding!

When I was old enough to talk it was pounded into my head that blood was thicker than water and you always stand by family. I am here today to say this is not always true and being family does not give anyone the right to hurt someone else there is no free passes to sin and being family does not mean you are excluded from scripture. Someone told me a long time ago "Family will do you dirtier than anyone" sadly this is true and sadly too many of us can shake our heads in agreement.

Asking God for his blessings….what an amazing request…do we really know and understand what it means? Some people bow their heads in grace before they eat and ask for Him to bless their food; we bow our heads in prayer and ask for many things, protection, health, wealth, love, forgiveness, and grace….and the list goes on. Did you know being blessed is not about letting suffering pass or troubles to slide by? Being blessed comes in many ways, it can yes come in good, but it can also come in the bad. We may not always have comfort or success in our blessings. How can this be? Well I can tell you that I was born again in the most unbelievable grief of my life. I was saved by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ when I was in the darkest part of my soul. It was then in the grief, struggles, and suffering I found my greatest joy, it was then I found freedom. Most of all I found God.

I received an email from a friend today that was a cry from a broken heart. Yes, family had broken her heart. In this email God gave me my blessings even though there was pain and suffering. I was able to relate, comfort, and offer my testimony for hope. Today God blessed us both, he showed us there is only one blood that brings us all together and that is the blood of Jesus Christ he makes us all family in His Fathers Kingdom. So when family states blood is thicker than water, then turns around and breaks your heart and thinks it is okay because they are "family" remember this verse: "John 1:16 From His Abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another". There is pain but in the end there will be blessings even from the ones that have hurt us the most.

To know God, walk with him, share your life with him, that is when we are part of a real family. That is when we are truly blessed even through the cries of a broken heart.


Amen.