Obeying God’s Voice

Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Sometimes we are not sure if we are listening to the Holy Spirit and sometimes we doubt if we are being receptive to the voice of God.  About a week ago I was in that place, doubting whether or not I was hearing God. I have a favorite place in my home that I resort to, to visit God.  Let me tell ya sometimes I come busting in God’s front door with both barrels blasting, sometimes I walk in happy, sometimes I walk in sad,  sometimes I come in with so much confusion I do not know where to turn.  Over the weekend I was in a state of confusion I did not ask God what to do or how do I do it. I told God I gave it to you Lord give me some peace in my life. It was only a matter of hours not days but a matter of hours he answered me. Now you might ask how? God placed an opportunity in front of me. He placed in front of me a moment that I could have obeyed or I could have continued down a path of confusion. See, I called on the name of the Lord for help and he did…he helped me.  The voice of God does not come from a big boom from the sky it is something within us directing us. That “something” is his Holy Spirit.

Think of a car for a moment, take note I am no mechanic and I have no idea all the parts that make it work. But I do know you have to have an engine in order to make it work. I also know that you have to have a set of keys. God gives us the keys but we have to put them in the ignition turn the key or the engine is not going to start right? Okay who is the engine? Ya know the main part in the vehicle in order to make it run? You are right God! Now turn the analogy around for a moment, when I walked into God’s front door and asked for help he not only gave me the keys he gave me the choice to start that engine so he could take me where I needed to go.  God gave me not only direction he gave me the answers he knew I needed, I made the choice to turn that key and place the car in drive and when I did that I showed God that I trusted him and He had the situation under control.  I received the answers He knew I needed for peace of mind I knew it was it was something supernatural and I knew it was the Lord that heard me and answered me.  

The one thing I have learned in my Christian walk is that we all need a front door to walk through to God.  Mine is my closet I know that sounds crazy to some and I know God is everywhere and he hears us all the time.  The key word is “HE” not us HE that is a singular word not plural. As humans we do not listen all the time, God does and he answers, but we are just not receptive to his voice ALL the time. God is ALWAYS receptive of our voice.  God wants our attention he wants it every second of every day. When I walk through that closet door he is there front and center and he has my attention and we connect and when you connect with God I mean really connect something amazing happens.

Matthew 21:22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.  Think about that verse for a moment I mean really think about it. God is telling us exactly how to live a peaceful life ask, believe, receive.

John 14: 14 states: If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

It is that simple, have faith and trust in the lord with all your heart, soul, and mind.

In 1 John 5:14-15 it states also
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

Know God’s will for your life the only way you can is to know scripture. If we learn who God is we will know what his will is for our life. God’s will for me is to live a peaceful life from my past, and the hurt it caused me. He wants me to serve, honor, and obey him. I know this because of the blood of Christ and his sacrifice, and when I enter his presence I ask in my savior’s name, and he answers me every single time.  He does not care how I come in, he is just happy that I am seeking him and his guidance and he is ready for anything I have on my plate.

In the morning before you head off to work, or take the kids to school, or run some errands. Pause for a moment and just think about the car for a second, we need the engine to make the car run, a set of keys, and you to place those keys in the ignition then turn the keys in the ignition. God is so much like that engine once it is cranked up! He is ready to go! He wants to move for you, he cannot do it without you.  It all works together, team work to get you to your destination.  Stop for a while and head to your prayer room and talk awhile with him listen closely be still and know that he is God.

Today make the choice to turn the ignition on….I know for a fact that God will take you not only on a ride you will never forget but he will take you to destinations you have never been to before!
Amen
© Shannon Wendler March 28th 2011