Spiritual Warfare

 
Luke 8:11-12, Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 

I am sure many have played board games, whether it is more than one player or several. What is the point of playing? Someone will be deemed a winner, the point of games? "Self" some play games for entertainment, some will play for the sheer joy of a challenge. These are games in the flesh, games in the spiritual, are games that many play with others lives, their livelihood, and maybe for the sake of there on image. Pride is on the top of the list as to the reason Satan fell and fell hard. These games are very dangerous because they are the games of Satan. There is an old saying pick and choose your battles, and it is true. You have a choice; you choose what is of God and what is of Satan. Satan can steal the word from the willfully hardened heart. Satan takes it away to ensure it doesn’t influence the sinner in any way. Satan knows his fate he has nothing to lose and he will take as many players with him as he possibly can. The saddest thing that we can do as Christians is step down when we are under attack this is the time that we must stand stronger and firmer in our faith. If you believe in scripture and believe that it is God breathed you should know that no matter what is thrown your way it is Satan trying his best to tear down what God has built.

I have been in an in-between kind of situation for a few years now, not a bad place a place of patience. I have written quite a few articles that have been focused and centered on what has happened in my life that has lead me to God. Today my revelation came loud and clear, in my previous articles I stated that I was not sure where God was leading me but I trusted in him that where ever he lead me I would pick up my cross and walk down the path he needed me to go. I was not quite sure of the purpose of many things in my life that were not right but I trusted in God. Today? I realize now what I need to do, and that is to continue to serve God. No matter what is thrown my way I will stand proud and honor the words of my Lord Jesus Christ. Once again I have been shown by God in the most awful situation where I stand, where my heart is, and most importantly where I stand with the one that took the nails for me.

 Acts 20:19 I served the Lord with great humility and with tears.

 
Before you step up to the board to fight your battle know the signs and your opponent, God is stronger and has all the power he is willing to fight for you. He cannot unless you surrender the battle to him.
  • When you doubt the word of God, you are vulnerable to your opponent that is attacking you.
  • Manipulation is direct disobedience to the word of God, when someone is manipulating you or any situation to get what they want by placing doubt. They hope that you will do what they say and think. Not what God thinks and says.
  • Stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Not admitting sin will keep you from repentance and out of God’s protection.
  • Opposing God’s will in your life is the essence of what evil truly is.
  • Not standing up for your faith when you are under attack, no matter what the enemy knows about you and your past. Remember that God has through his son cleansed you. Let Satan know if he wants to take that route it in no shape or form will change the course God has you on.
  • When confronted with a lie do not deny the truth, if you deny the truth you are denying Christ. Many people are atheist because they deny the truth of the word of God. A true Christian will not enable a lie or be passive to what is right, or enable someone to keep doing wrong. If they are walking in Christ they will bring his light into the darkness.
  • Anyone that exalts themselves above the will of God is serving Satan. Even though they state they are a Christians. You need to use Jesus’ teachings to reveal the truth to you. Remember what the Bible says about wolves in sheep’s clothing. Anybody can say anything, do not believe the words out of man’s mouth instead, trust in God and in his words to reveal the truth in his own time.
I opened up a planner that I got for a very dear friend today that I purchased for Christmas. And the verse above was the first one I turned to. Every direction I turned today God was speaking to me through his word, in Bible study verses keep revealing what we as a family needed to do and where we needed to stand. Every time I read the Bible I am inspired, God speaks to us in so many ways but the most powerful is when we sit down and let him in his words directly, openly, talk one on one with us. Today? It was evident God was preparing us not for the game, but to pick and choose the battles according to his will. Not a game of self but a battle for the betterment of his kingdom. And ya know what? Satan knows this and he knows what leads others to Christ. He wants to be that wedge, instill doubt, confusion, hatred, anger, and most of all he wants us to focus only on ourselves and keep God as far from the board as he possibly can. He knows, if you know, what you need to know about God’s purpose and will for your life he loses and loses big time!

Hold your ground and let no surprises shake your faith. Train in the word; build on solid ground and not shifting sand. Suit up with the full armor of God! Stand strong in the faith of the words of Jesus Christ. The difference between God and Satan is God will forgive, deliver, and redeem you, make you perfect through the blood of his son. Satan? He is in the game of "self" He is playing the game for numero uno! In this game he has a hold of many of your opponents and be careful you never know who will show up on the opposite side and you might be surprised who they are. No matter what the opponent might throw your way know you have an advocate, defender, our Lord Jesus Christ. We as Christians know the ending of this spiritual warfare.

Therefore, we know who the true winners are, which are the ones that are not playing for  “self”  they are the ones that are defending one of the most highly sold books throughout all of time, the Holy Bible.

Amen.

© Shannon Wendler – December 22, 2010